In looking over the Qualification table:
South America has only 1 berth
Looking at the rest of South America, I dont see any true contenders for a strong finish, so I guess that's OK..
ACtually, it turns out that the Chile, the 2nd place team, gets a shot at Olympic Qualifying through a playoff: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Women%27s_qualification#CAF%E2%80%93CONMEBOL_play-off
Asian Federation Cup
Australia and then 1 of China or South Korea for the other place. Japan got a bye as host for the Olympics.
The CONCACAF Cup
- Group A: USA, Costa Rica, Panama, Haiti
- Group B: Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis
3 teams in this tournament seem strong: USA, Canada and Mexico, in that order. I see some good play from Mexico. What does it take for them to snatch a berth away from Canada or the USA? The rest of the teams do not seem very competitive.
Overall predictions for the 12 Olympic Teams:
- Japan [qualified]
- Brazil [qualified]
- New Zealand [qualified]
- England [qualified]
- Netherlands [qualified]
- Sweden [qualified]
- USA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_CONCACAF_Women%27s_Olympic_Qualifying_Championship
- Canada https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_CONCACAF_Women%27s_Olympic_Qualifying_Championship
- Cameroon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_CAF_Women%27s_Olympic_Qualifying_Tournament
- Australia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_AFC_Women%27s_Olympic_Qualifying_Tournament
- China https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_AFC_Women%27s_Olympic_Qualifying_Tournament
- Chile over Zambia in the playoff https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_CAF%E2%80%93CONMEBOL_play-off