Jadon Sancho’s Dortmund future up in the air after Champions League snub

Jadon Sancho’s Dortmund future up in the air after Champions League snub

The transfer windows in Europe’s top leagues are closed, but it’s never too early to look forward to January. Click here to view the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the newest gossip below.

European clubs on red alert as BVB drop Sancho

Top-flight clubs throughout Europe have been given a further boost in attempts to sign Jadon Sancho after Dortmund sensationally dropped the England star from Wednesday night’s starting line-up in Barcelona, the Sun have reported.

Dortmund boss Lucien Favre conceded that Sancho was “not fully focused” on the Champions League clash amidst speculation that the youngster is set to leave the club in January, with the player strongly linked with opponents Barcelona in recent days, as well as a whole host of Premier League clubs. Sancho had the last laugh, however, coming off the bench to score Dortmund’s only goal in the 3-1 defeat.

According to the paper, Sancho has been left feeling “victimised” since he returned to the Westfalenstadion from international duty this month, and Wednesday’s revelations are the latest in a series of events that have left the forward at “rock bottom.”

Matic nears Old Trafford exit

Nemanja Matic‘s future at Manchester United has been thrust into even further doubt after the Serbia international spent just 24 minutes at the club’s famous Carrington training complex on Wednesday, according to the Sun.

The rest of United’s first-team squad remained behind for a light training session as they prepare to take on Astana in the Champions League on Thursday. Matic, 31, has fallen out of favour with boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this season and has been the subject of seemingly endless transfer speculation in recent weeks.

Last week, the experienced midfielder — who hasn’t made a league appearance for the Red Devils since Sept. 22 — failed to join the rest of his teammates at a club charity event, with a January exit looking increasingly likely.

Tap-ins

– Everton are keen on two of Flamengo’s Copa Libertadores heroes — striker Gabriel Barbosa and manager Jorge Jesus — along with another finalist, River Plate’s Rafael Santos Borre. The Liverpool Echo says that the Toffees are planning moves for all three, but may be unwilling to meet the Santos Borre’s €30 million release clause, with the striker also believed to happily settled in Argentina.

– AC Milan want to bring Juventus defender Merih Demiral to the San Siro as Stefano Pioli looks to bolster his defensive options, Gazzetta Dello Sport are reporting. Milan have slumped to 12th in the Serie A table this season following a string of poor defensive displays, but a deal may be hard to come by with the Bianconeri reluctant to sell.

– Elsewhere in Italy, Inter Milan are keen to sign full-back Robin Gosens from Serie A rivals Atalanta, according to Calciomercato. The Nerazzurri are reported to have been monitoring the 25-year-old — who has four goals and two assists to his name this season — for some time, with the defender’s impressive attacking stats believed to have caught the eye of Inter boss Antonio Conte.

– Napoli are plotting a swoop for Hellas Verona defender Marash Kumbulla in January. That’s according to Corriere Dello Sport, who report that the Partenopei are ready to make their move with sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli said to be a big fan of 19-year-old, with the club also linked with Kumbrulla’s teammate Sofyan Amrabat.

Source link

Back to top