Following the success of the ‘Game of 2 Halves’, the UK’s biggest in-venue football quiz which took place pre the FA Cup Final on Saturday 1 August, Stonegate Pub Company is delighted to welcome back Clive Tyldesley as quiz master for a second pre-match quiz. This time Clive will put football-fans through their paces in the second ‘Game of 2 Halves’, ahead of the Champions League Final on Sunday 23 August at 7pm.
Streamed exclusively across a number of Stonegate’s sports sites, the quiz will again be dedicated to all things football with £2000 up for grabs for the national winner and £20 bar tab for each site winner, to be redeemed for the final itself. Customers can enter via the WeLoveQuiz app.
Stephen Cooper, Sports Marketing Manager of Stonegate Pub Company, said: “It’s great to be welcoming Clive back as quiz-master. We saw fantastic participation during the pre-FA Cup quiz and I was keen to build on this success – the Champions League Final is the perfect opportunity.
“We have had to think about doing things a little differently, since lockdown. Technology and digital innovation is certainly going to be part of our customer experience going forward but it will never replace face-to-face events. Similar to the pre-FA Cup Final quiz, there will be food and drink offers available to pre-order, including 10 chicken wings and 4 pints of beer or cider for £10. Don’t forget to reserve your table and pre-order to avoid disappointment.”
For more information and to find a pub hosting the quiz, please visit: https://www.welovesport.co/fa-cup-quiz-with-clive-tyldesley/
About Stonegate Pub Company
Following the acquisition of Ei Group on 3rdMarch 2020 for £1.27bn, Stonegate Pub Company is the largest pub company in the UK. Its portfolio is comprised of 1270 sites within the managed division and 3457 leased and tenanted businesses.
The managed pubs division, which employs 17,000 people, is split into Branded and Traditional pubs. Branded is comprised of: Slug & Lettuce, Walkabout, Be At One and Venues. Traditional (unbranded) pubs is made up of: Proper Pubs, Town Pub & Kitchen, Classic Inns, Common Room, Craft Union and Bermondsey Pub Group.
- REBA Employee Wellbeing Awards – Best New Wellbeing Strategy (5000+ staff)
- Publican Awards – Best Pub Employer (501+ employees)
- BII’s National Innovation in Training Awards (NITAs): HR Manager of the Year – Lee Woolley
- CGA Insight Hero and Icon Awards (two awards): Icon Award – Ian Payne MBE, Business Leader, Simon Longbottom
- UK Hospitality’s Dusk ‘til Dawn Late Night Awards (two awards) – Icon Award (Ian Payne MBE), Best Marketing and Promotions Award
- Great British Pub Awards – Best LGBTQ+ Pub
- BII Scotland Awards – Best Operator for Training
- Retailers’ Retailer of the Year (two awards): Lifetime Achievement Award – Ian Payne MBE, Investor of the Year – TDR Capital
- Menu Innovation & Development Awards(MIDAS) (two awards): Best Menu – Premium High Street Pub: Slug & Lettuce; Best Menu – Town & City Pub: Walkabout
- Publican Awards (five awards): Best Community Pub Operator, Best Pub Employer (501+ employees), Best Managed Pub Company (51+ sites), Best Drinks Offer, Business Leader of the Year – Chief Executive, Simon Longbottom
- British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) – Chairman’s Award
- UK Hospitality’s Dusk ‘til Dawn Late Night Awards: Best Service & Team
- Licensed Trade Charity: Outstanding Corporate Contribution Award
- Great British Pub Awards (two awards): Best LGBTQ+ and Best Sports Pub
- APPBG PUBAID Corporate Charity Fundraiser Award
- Publican Awards: Best Late Night Operator
- Great British Pub Awards (three awards): Best Pub Garden, Best Entertainment and Best Sports Pub
- Publican Awards (two awards): Best Managed Pub Company; Best Late Night Operator, plus highly commended – Best Employer 501+ employees
- Menu Innovation and Development Award (MIDAS): Premium High Street Pub – Town Pub & Kitchen
- Retailers’ Retailer Award: Investor of the Year – TDR Capital
- BII National Industry Training Awards (NITAs) (two awards): Best Managed Company for Training; Lifetime Achievement Award for Chairman, Ian Payne
- Great British Pub Awards: Best Sports Pub
- Scottish Training Federation: Best Large Employer
- HR Excellence Awards: Best Learning and Development Strategy
- HR Distinction Awards: Innovation for Digital & Social Media
- HR Distinction Awards: People Development
- HR Distinction: Innovative Use of Technology
- Publican Awards: Business Leader of the Year, Chairman Ian Payne
- Menu Innovation and Development Award (MIDAS): Best New Concept Missoula, Montana Bar & Grill
- Publican Award – Best Pub Employer 51+ sites
- Menu Innovation and Development Award (MIDAS): City and Bar Dining – Slug and Lettuce