Women’s soccer dropped its Northeast Conference match against Fairleigh Dickinson Sunday in a 2-1 loss. The Blue Devils condeded two second half goals to the Knights.
FINAL SCORE CCSU 1 FDU 2
RECORDS CCSU (7-4, 3-2 NEC) FDU (7-4-2, 4-1 NEC)
- The Blue Devil offense was not able to get into its usual rythm of early shots on the goal against the Knights. CCSU did not get a recorded shot off until 16 minutes into Sunday’s match.
- CCSU started clicking a bit late in the first half and were able to make some pressure with some shots on goal against FDU’s keeper.
- Giavanna Inzerillo sent a shot into the goal with 12 minutes left in the first. The Blue Devil offense pulled FDU’s keeper out to the other side of the net, and defender on the Knights accidentally sent the ball back into the net, putting CCSU on the board.
- After giving up an own-goal, the Knights were desperate to make up for it. Just over 10 minutes into the second half, the Knights sent a shot past junior goal keeper Amanda McQuillan that evened the game at a goal a piece.
- With the game in a 1-1 stalemate, the Blue Devils put up shot after shot on the Knights in an attempt to break the tie. CCSU had a number of great oppurtunities with shots on goal, but FDU’s keeper was able to halt the ones that came too close. CCSU put up five shots in the second half, three of them requiring saves from the goal.
- FDU’s two goals in the second came off of the team’s only two shots recorded in the half.
- The Blue Devils outshot the Knights 11-4.
- Erin Sutter and Roma McLaughlin each recorded two shots in the match.
- The Blue Devils still sit at second in the NEC with a 4-2 record.
The Blue Devils will be looking to get back into the win column on October 14 when they host Howard. Howard is 3-1-1 in the NEC, making this regular season game an important match-up in regards to the postseason.